- Link to Doing Good Together, a website that provides ideas, activities, and e-
newsletters for families to promote kindness and generosity in their everyday life. While
not a religious site, its ideas can easily be adapted to include Christian beliefs.
- Link to Home Practices at BuildingFaith, a web page that provides ideas,
resources, and activities that nurture spiritual development in a home setting. Samples
of ideas include home blessings, scavenger hunts, prayer sticks, and more.
- Link to Living Well Children’s Workbook: Christian Practices for Children by
Lifelong Faith Associates is a free downloadable companion to the Living Well book
(see tab for Adult Faith Formation). It presents eleven Christian practices through
activities, Bible passages, and practical ideas that parents can use with their children or
older children can use alone. Practices include such topics as Caring for the Body,
Eating Well, Forgiving, Keeping Sabbath, Participating in Community, Praying, and
Reading the Bible.
- Our Father in Heaven: A Lord’s Prayer Pop-Up Book illustrated by Agostino
Training helps children see this beloved prayer in new ways. Published by Beaming
- Praying in Color: Kids Edition by Sybil MacBeth is a resource that parents can
use with elementary children that teaches prayer that utilizes an activity that children
love to do: color! Complements the Praying in Color book for adults.
- Writing to God: Kids Edition by Reverend Rachel G. Hackenberg provides
different topics and ways children can write to God.
- Ready, Set, Go!: 35 Around-The-Town Adventures with God by Mark Hale is
a book which helps parents and Christian Education teachers take God’s Word out into
the community. These off-site Bible lessons are complete with teaching ideas and
learning activities for elementary kids. NOTE: While this book is available on Amazon, it
is mostly used copies since it is an older book (2000).