Rally Day Resources
- NEW! Link to “God’s Work. Our Hands” Resources for a Day of Service on September 11, 2022. Reach beyond your congregation to be God’s hands in your community. Look for publicity items, worship pieces, and a toolkit of ideas to make an impactful event.
- NEW! Mission: Possible is a fun intergenerational Rally Day event that promotes the endless possibilities to use our talents to serve God and others. Can also be used at other times of year.
- NEW! This Blessing of the Backpacks demonstrates to children and their families that God is not bound to one area of their lives but accompanies them everywhere they go. The link to the original resource is below, but the hymn, set to the tune of “Morning Has Broken,” is available below in a pdf. Permission is granted to use the music in a congregational setting as long as the copyright citation is included.
- The Generosity Project has been lifted up previously, but is worth revisiting to help families practice boundless generosity in response to God’s love. Visit the Facebook Group The Generosity Project ELCA | Facebook to join the conversation and the website https://www.thegenerosityproject.net/ to learn more about resources.
- NEW! Link to “Church Stewardship and Giving”, a resource from Faithward with links to articles about different aspects of giving for both church and families, including how giving has changed since the pandemic.
Expanding Ministry to Others:
- NEW! Link to Adult Milestone Ministry. Many churches provide milestone celebrations for important events in the lives of children and youth. Consider this year expanding the recognition to life-changing occasions in the lives of adults in your congregation. Milestone Ministry provides 12 Adult Milestone resources ranging from first job and becoming a parent to retirement and the loss of a loved one.
- NEW! Link to “How to Organize for Justice” by Kayla Gilchrest, an online class through ChurchNext. This course is for those interested in learning what it means to organize, what it means to do justice, what congregation-based organizing looks like and what our Biblical call as people of faith to do this work entails. The four-part series, also available as a podcast, can be taken as an individual or as a group.
- NEW! Link to the ELCA’s Disability Ministry Resources helps congregations broaden their ministry to meet the needs of those people with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- NEW! Link to Everybody Belongs, Serving Together is a comprehensive guide to church accessibility and inclusive ministry will help your church embrace people with disabilities, not only as recipients of God’s love, but as partners in ministry. This resource from the Reformed Church in America is available as a download or can be ordered in a print edition.
Everybody Belongs, Serving Together | Inclusive Ministry Guide (faithward.org)
- NEW! Link to “The Wondering Together Project: A Simple Tool for These Hard Times” by Sally Thomas at BuildingFaith provides a way for families or others in relationship to connect each day through wondering questions.
The Wondering Together Project: A Simple Tool For These Hard Times (buildfaith.org)