When I was a trip leader at Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Center in Oregon, Illinois, each meal would end with this sing…. Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!
Today I am excited to share an exciting announcement with you! 2019 will be the year of The Christian Education Network of the ELCA Presents… Learning Strategies for “Living Our Baptism”.
Living Our Faith…Five Gifts of Discipleship (elca.org/Resources/Faith-Practices) focuses on the promises affirmed in our Affirmation of Baptism liturgy:
- to live among God’s faithful people,
- to hear the word of God and share in the Lord’s supper,
- to proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed,
- to serve all people, following the example of Jesus,
- and to strive for justice and peace in all the earth? (Evangelical Lutheran Worship, p. 236)
Supporting lifelong faith formation in the home and congregation.
Building a community which equips, encourages, and empowers those engaged in lifelong faith formation in a changing world.
The CENetwork will:
- Identify and evaluate resources and educational opportunities
- Facilitate communication and conversation
- Offer guidance, networking and mutual support
- Nurture spiritual growth online and face to face